Yes, Kirstie’s right, I’m no joke!I’ll admit, I’m obsessed. Obsessed with living life to it’s fullest by being fit, eating healthy and doing everything in moderation! I’m not the type of person that does things because “they” say you should, I actually exercise because I really enjoy it and I eat healthy because I love good, clean food!
I was raised in NY, a city girl - as a matter of fact the only girl - in a family with four siblings. My parents were both active and they passed that on to their children. We skied, ice-skated, swam and played little league. You name it - we did it. One year my Dad and my Uncle got matching velour warm up suits for Christmas and the next day they had my brothers, my two cousins and myself out jogging four laps around our block. I’ll never forget the expression on this one man’s face as he walked his dog and watched us huff and puff our way around the block. It was one of those, “you folks are nuts” looks. It was always an adventure and it was always fun!
Healthy and fit I was, but thin I was not. I struggled with my weight through high school, determined to be thin. I tried all kinds of diets trying to find the “magic pill.” When I got to college I tried this carbocalorie diet and was able to drop some weight. The diet was not magical though, the truth was that it consisted of limiting my calorie intake and incorporated regular exercise.
That said, there is a magic bullet out there – the only one I know of that works - develop an exercise plan in combination with healthy eating habits that you can live with and stick with.
Coming next week… see what happens when Be Fit Kate takes a vacation!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home